Monday, May 3, 2010

"I'm too sexy for my shirt on the catwalk"

After the chaos of the chase, I have been a little worn out. Caring for 3 kids and 3 dogs has been interesting to say the least.

Bogey has definitely made a change today. He is more responsive to voice commands, he has relaxed around the house and is laying around more letting go of the constant movement he had to have when he seemed a little more anxious. I think that he has found a reason to not run from people anymore, that he can trust them.

So Bogey still had me a little worried about his anxiety at the events and whether that would be the best place for him to meet his new forever home.

Getting Bogey into the event was a challenge with my ankle, so I got Bree to help me walk him in because he was a little barky and pulling out of excitement.

All I have to say is that Bogey made me so proud today! All week, I had been working on introducing him to new situations, driving him in the car (and YES! he can jump up and down into the back of my SUV without help now... yeah Bogey!) I think it paid off. After the intial walk in to the Reston Towne Centers Pet Fiesta with a little bark here and there, Bogey went into the new Bogey mode!

BOGEY MADE A HUGE TURN AROUND TODAY!!!
Bogey was pleasant and loving at the event! By the end he was playing with all the other dogs! He made a great friend named Sully and was laying side by side with him on the ground chewing on each other and getting their belly's rubbed together.

He even took on the fashion show up on stage with 15 other dogs and a nice beach towel ensemble to show off with his handler. He has his life as a rescue story told and received applause! I hope someone at that event saw Bogey and is considering him for their home and to be part of their family.

What a great day for Bogey!

No comments:

Post a Comment