Monday, May 3, 2010

3 Days of Non-Stop Action

I'm termined to make this work!!!! Bogey has been happy, waggy, and kisses us every chance he gets. He loves my 3 year old and just wants to sit on his lap!
I have started to see him calm down a little... he isn't frantically panting today, he isn't tearing through the house trying to find other dogs (that are in there crate behind closed doors).

I was brave enough to test him with his food to see if he had any food aggression with people. He passed with flying colors. I think he even wanted to share his bowl of food with me :)

o.k... back to the chaos of eating dogs though... I have kept Bogey on a leash attached to me for 3 days. I don't think that I would ever do this if I didn't know Petey so well. As Bogey was dragging me across the house barking and growling and lurching towards Petey, Petey just kept to himself. Of course, occassionally he would get a little close and I would panic a bit, because Petey can definitely hold his own... but it takes A LOT to provoke him.

Today, I let Petey do his thing though. I took them out in the backyard together. Petey had his ears farther back then I think I have ever seen them! He did a couple flips on his back at a distance, I guess to let Bogey know he was thinking "whatever, dude!" After putting my plan that involved a hose, a phone and 911 together (just kidding), I let Bogey go.

I sat on the porch for an hour watching and hoping that I had done the right thing. Petey ran around Bogey for over an hour full speed. Bogey was barking, "running", growling and trying anything he could to intimidate. Bogey was mad! Petey was having a blast! After about an hour, Bogey gave up. He laid down and watched Petey, the moron of a dog, run around and around taunting him in this fun game. At about an hour and a half, Petey came up to Bogey to sniff him, and Bogey did the "the jig is up, roll over on his back".

I'm a little nervous at this point, but realize Bogey was all bark and no bite. Bogey almost looked relieved. His stress level just dropped to almost nothing! Life just got better. AND, I realized that Bogey just did an hour of activity without a problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment