Monday, May 17, 2010

Better everyday!!!

O.k. so after being gone all day at adoption events and training for the rescue, I come home to only one out of our 3 dogs standing at the top of the steps... Bogey. He was just giving me a gentle greeting with a wag. No other dogs bothered to get up. Not sure if that was good or bad, but I spent the next 15 minutes just hanging out with Bogey. I really think he would love to have his forever home and have his owner come home and just pet him and love him. He doesn't have a mean bone in his body. (Occasionally, he has a LOUD bone with that shepherd bark of his... but not a mean one!).

After everyone went outside for the last time tonight, I told Bogey it was time for bed. Do you know what he did? He walked the other two dogs to their crate as I put them in it, then looked at me, ran down our stairs, across our foyer, and into his room where his crate is.. and went in his crate and laid down all on his own. To me, this was huge. He quietly went to bed and was happy there. I know life just got better for us, put seeing Bogey do this, really let me know that he is more content and comfortable in a home. He doesn't have anxiety or stress. He's just happy to be here and alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment