Monday, May 3, 2010

Exercise, Frustration, and Injuries

Bogey has found a great way to "sit". We have been working on it. He had to figure out how to work the tripod biomechanics with as little sliding as possible. With our hardwood floors, the sit has been turning into more of a slow decline to laying down, but he can definitely do it on the carpet and outside! Yeah Bogester!

We walked to the bus stop today... about 1/2 mile. He only tripped once on the way up, but did a great job on the way back. I'm searching for a solution to his pulling on the leash. He has a martingale that is not bothering his surgical site, but he is definitely a puller. Some I believe is because it helps him balance a little better and allows him to go a little faster. The other part, because I don't think anyone ever took him for a walk on a leash.... or anywalk for that matter.

I tried typical techniques for healing, but am weary of doing anything that may pull on him too much.

O.k. I even broke out the sewing kit. If you knew me, you would realize that lightening will be headed my way soon. I attempted to make a 3 legged harness solution. Well, the sewing... not so good. He leaned into it and it popped in 2 minutes flat.

Bogey is snuggling with Pixie right now and they are .... ready for this???... sharing a marrow bone together! Just call me Caesar-a :)

No comments:

Post a Comment