Monday, May 3, 2010

the chase!

There's a really bad part to this and a really good part....Bogey has figured out how to open the front door (and he has no thumbs). Lukas, my 3 year old, did the "Bogester, STAY!" and backed out the front door and shut it behind him. I was actually very impressed that my son was so dog saavy! Well that thought went out the door as Bogey jumped up and pushed the door knob to open the storm door... and this was the bad part... the chase had begun.

Picture this... a 3 legged dog running pretty darn fast (no, I could NOT catch him), 5 kids ages 3 to 14, and me chasing him so he does not get lost. We are running through pricker bushes, poison ivy, and fun insect things that I don't want to talk about! I'm yelling at the kids to go back and not chase him... Bogey is about 1/8 mile in front of us, having the time of his life!

Well somewhere in there, I fall and sprain my ankle. I get up, because all that is going through my head is "Bogey, has no idea where he is going or how to get back" and "oh great, Ive got to be the one that loses Bogey, why me!?", well, yeah, the ankle was definitely sprained, I fell again.

So I had options... I chose the one where I sit on my butt and hope for the best. I was sure Bogey was gone. I sent my daughter to get my cell phone to make calls for help. But here's part one of the good part. Bogey decided to just walk back to me and sit down next to me. I thought I was going to cry. Part two of good and happy: Bogey, has no idea that he only has 3 legs and he definitely has not been slowed down by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment